100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Flight status only seems to work with number

Rapid account: Darragh F
DarraghF
4 years ago

Testing the flight status call and it only seems to work with flight number. When I use the REG, ICAO or CallSign for the same flight nothing is returned. This is happening for almost every flight

Rapid account: Squawk 7000
squawk7000 Commented 4 years ago

Hi DarraghF,

Sorry for a long reply. There was no notification about your response and I have just accidentally seen your message.

We actually do have a mapping rule for few airlines (based on flight number range) when it’s being operated by a different carrier. If you try searching by call-sign RPA4400, you should actually get AA4400 in the response. There is relatively good coverage for call-sign and reg data for flights operating from and to the USA, so many examples like this should be working.

Rapid account: Darragh F
DarraghF Commented 4 years ago

OK thanks for the clarification. It seems that I can only search by flight number because the results don’t contain the callsign, reg or icao. But I don’t always have the flight number. What i’m trying to do is send in a reg, icao or callsign (i.e. RPA4400) and get back that this is American flight #AA4400 operated by Republic Airlines - a way to identify which mainline carrier the flight is being operated for. Does something like that exist?

Rapid account: Squawk 7000
squawk7000 Commented 4 years ago

Dear Darragh,

Thank you for your inquiry. I have just conducted a quick test and endpoint is working just fine. Could you please specify which flights exactly you tried? When you search the same flights by number, do they contain registration, icao24 or callsign data in response? If not, there is no way this flight will be searchable by this data because it’s simply not there. Limitation is that reg, icao24 and call-sign data is not guaranteed to be present for every flight with live updates, and it’s never present for flights for which scheduled information only is available.

Best regards,
AeroDataBox

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments