1,684ms

Service Level

100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Request error

Hi there,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I have been running into 503 several times now, could you guys look into what’s causing the issue?

Here is one example that gave the error:

RequestError: status_code=503, response_text=503 - Service Unavailable
url=‘https://realty-in-ca1.p.rapidapi.com/properties/list-residential’ with query:
{
“LatitudeMax”: “44.4802019”,
“LatitudeMin”: “44.199518”,
“LongitudeMax”: “-76.233523”,
“LongitudeMin”: “-76.712866”,
“PriceMin”: “800000”,
“PriceMax”: “1000000”,
“RecordsPerPage”: “50”,
“SortBy”: “6”,
“SortOrder”: “A”,
“CultureId”: “1”,
“TransactionTypeId”: “2”,
“BathRange”: “1-0”,
“NumberOfDays”: “71”,
“CurrentPage”: 2
}

this was the final error after I have the program retried 3 times while each time waiting for like 30mins, so I got the error out even i retired 3 times and waited for 90mins.

Thanks a lot, would really appreciate your help.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented a year ago

Hello,

1/ "I added wait and retry, basically wait for 30 mins when the script run into 503 and then resend the request, is that what you meant by “retry”? the script retried four times, each time waited but it still ended up 503 in the end"
It seems like you sending an invalid request to the server. If you have already tried again one more time and it would not work. You may try the same query directly on realtor.ca whether or not the site can return result.

2/ "…should i simply wait for longer time when the script run into 503…"
No, you don’t need to wait. Our service has already been included feature that help you to over come the defender layer. You just call the endpoint right again. You need to allow a small percent of failed requests. It is often under 0.5% But you should be sure that the request is valid.

Regards.

Rapid account: Johnpuppeteer 577 G 3 D V Dh 3 Mt
johnpuppeteer577-G3d--vDh3Mt Commented a year ago

@apidojo
If the error happens every 200 requests for example,

I jsut started another pulling, in the beginning it works, now it’s getting into 503 again and the script is basically waiting for retry, and this looks like is at around 200 request

what i don’t understand is that the script had been running fine for the past month, why does it start having issues now…

should i simply wait for longer time when the script run into 503? like several hours? im not familiar with the bot defender, i thought your api has already crawled their web and we are just using rapidsapi to fetch from your crawled records, but seems like thats not the case

@apidojo thanks for responding. Yes, most of my requests went and got back 200 status code, but it broke for several requests and it stopped my pipeline. One of the example is above.

I added wait and retry, basically wait for 30 mins when the script run into 503 and then resend the request, is that what you meant by “retry”? the script retried four times, each time waited but it still ended up 503 in the end

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented a year ago

Hello,

I check the log system in the back end area of RapidAPI and saw that most of your requests return 200 status code. I am not sure what is wrong with you?
https://prnt.sc/J_Y4fxk6iBQZ
If the error happens every 200 requests for example, it happen very rare with very small percent, just retry it. Realtor.ca is using Imperva as their bot defender.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments