100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

How to get Nearby Recently Sold and Currently For Sale Properties

Rapid account: Wescleveland
wescleveland
2 years ago

Can someone explain how the Properties/List service works? I am trying to get recently sold and currently for sale properties that are near a specific property for which I have the property ID (1_31076632). My assumptions are the property Id (without the leading ‘1_’ goes into the ‘region_id’ parameter. The ‘region_type’ parameter says I need to use what corresponds with the word in front of the property Id in the url field. In this case, that word is ‘home’ and there is no corresponding ‘region_type’ for ‘home’ so I assume I should use region_type ‘1’ for unknown. Other fields seem straight forward. I can get listings and sold data but the problem I’m having is that all of the properties returned are in Seattle Washington - nowhere close to the subject property which is in Dallas, Texas.

So, my parameters are:

• region_id = 31076632
  • region_type = 1
  • uipt = 1
  • status = 131
  • num_homes = 50
  • num_baths = 3
  • num_beds = 4

for Recently Sold, I add:

• sold_within_days = 180

Again, the services appears to work but all of the returned properties are nowhere close to the subject property.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

I checked your request, and it was “6825 hunters…”. It looks like an address not a region, or area. Do you differ between “region” and “property”? You may try again with something like city, state, etc… If you use an address, it may return property id to use with the …/properties/get-… endpoints directly.

Regards.

Rapid account: Wescleveland
wescleveland Commented 2 years ago

I DID read the parameter description and I DID follow them. As stated above, the ‘id’ field returned from autocomplete is ‘1_31076632’. The parameter description says “You need to use regex to extract the value of id field returned in …/auto-complete endpoint. Ex : ‘2_30749’, 30749 is the value you need to extract from the string.” From this, I conclude that I need to drop the ‘1_’ from the ‘id’ returned from autocomplete which would be ‘31076632’ which is what I used. If ‘31076632’ is not valid, then what IS valid and how do I find it?

Rapid account: Apidojo
apidojo Commented 2 years ago

Hello,

It is simply that 31076632 is not a valid and supported region id. You may read the parameter description again to know how to get region id.

Regards.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments