100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

country/language mismatch

Rapid account: Berkbirkan
berkbirkan
vor 3 Monaten

Hello. I want to use your api in a project. But in order to avoid getting a country/language mismatch error - just to be safe - I want to get only the language or only the country information from the user. but this time the same error comes again. Can we send only 1 parameter (country or language) to solve this problem? Do you have a chance to make a change in your API in this way? I would be very glad if you could help me, thank you.

Rapid account: Letscrape 6 B R Ba 3 Qgu O 5
letscrape-6bRBa3QguO5 Commented vor 3 Monaten

Done! Let me know how it works.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or if anything is needed.

berkbirkan Commented vor 3 Monaten

yes, you got it right. that is exactly what I need. i would be very glad if you could help me, thank you.

Hi,

I think we are on the same page, if I understand you correctly. I can set a default language by the supplied country when language is not supplied - would that work for your use case?

For example, if you send country=FR and no language, the API will default to language=fr.

Thank you,
Adam

berkbirkan Commented vor 3 Monaten

I think it is much safer to get country information from the user. If we ask the language, as you said, confusion may occur. Also, I can show the user an alert about the country/language mismatch in advance. but since they have different country/language codes, I thought this would not be safe. If there is a library (php) that your API uses, it is also possible to solve the problem this way.

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. We can definitely look into it, yes. Question: can you always get the country or will you have cases in which you only have the language supplied by the user? I am asking because itโ€™s harder to guess the country by the language conceptually (English, Arabic, Spanish, etc).

Thank you,
Adam

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments