100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Property sale listings - filtering, returning > 50

Rapid account: Qwerty 2020
qwerty2020
2 years ago

I’m trying to use the property sale listings API to return all new listings (<7 days) in a given city. However, I’m unable to figure out how to filter on the ‘daysOnMarket’ field when making the call. So, I figured I could just apply it after the fact, but then I see I’m limited to the first 50 records for a given call, so unsure how I’d extract the remaining ~350 records in the city I’m looking at. Current example call I’m using:

import requests

url = “https://realty-mole-property-api.p.rapidapi.com/saleListings

querystring = {“city”:“Ann Arbor”,“state”:“MI”}

headers = {
“X-RapidAPI-Key”: “”,
“X-RapidAPI-Host”: “”
}

response = requests.request(“GET”, url, headers=headers, params=querystring)

print(response.text)

Rapid account: Realtymole
realtymole Commented a year ago

Hi again,

I wanted to post an update here and let you know that both the /saleListings and /rentalListings endpoints now support a daysOld query parameter which you can use to retrieve listings posted within a certain time frame, for example, only in the last 7 days.

We’ve also increased the maximum value of the limit query parameter, so you can now retrieve up to 500 listings in a single request.

Kevin Willow
Realty Mole Support

realtymole Commented 2 years ago

Hi again,

There should be no more than a 24 hour delay between when a listing is created and when it’s available via our API, and most of the time it will be much less than that. We continuously scan and collect data for new listings 24 hours a days, 365 days a year, so it’s a constant, ongoing process.

Kevin Willow
Customer Support

Rapid account: Qwerty 2020
qwerty2020 Commented 2 years ago

Thanks Kevin, all makes sense and super helpful! One additional follow up for now - do you have any information around the data lag? E.g. when a new listing is posted via MLS (and reflected on commonly used sites like Zillow, Redfin, etc), how long should it take to show up in the data presented through your API? For my purposes, it’s important I see new listings within 48 hours or so of them being reflected on the aforementioned sites.

realtymole Commented 2 years ago

Hi there,

If I understand you correctly, you’d like to paginate through additional results for the same search query. To do this, you can use the offset query parameter, which is the index of the first result that should be returned. What you want to do, is increment that on each subsequent request, as a multiple of the limit parameter (or 50 if you’re using the default limit):

Request 1:
limit: 50
offset: 0

Request 2:
offset: 50

Request 3:
offset: 100

And so on, until the number of results you get back is less than 50, which will indicate that you’ve reached the end and there are no more results.

And it doesn’t look like we support a ‘daysOnMarket’ filter for this endpoint right now, but I will let our product team know about your interest in this feature!

Kevin Willow
Customer Support

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments