100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Ability to get episodes for a show?

Rapid account: Js 41637
Js41637
4 years ago

Doesn’t seem like there is an endpoint to get episodes for a series. Is this coming soon? The old API seems to have one.

Thanks.

Rapid account: Jarrods
jarrods Commented 4 years ago

Any update on this in regards to my previous comment? If there is nothing you can do thats fine, I just want to make sure to see if there is anything that could be done. Thanks.

Looking into this some more, the titlecounties endpoint returns the seasons and the amount of episodes that are available for a country but how are we meant to know what episodes? If it says something like this [ “seasdet”: “1:6” ]. Season 1 has 6 episodes but the episodes endpoint returns 13 episodes. Would it only be the first 6 episodes? Are we talking incrementing from episodes 1-6 or the order in which they are returned? How are we meant to know which of the 13 are available? I think it would make much more sense if we could filter the episodes endpoint by a country so it would only return the episodes that are available? I’m not sure if this is something you are able to do as I don’t know how your system is set up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

For the record I am talking about this show. https://dev.unogs.com/title/81016995 - it says there is only 6 episodes but Canada has 13. There are duplicate episode numbers as well. Not sure if it’s a bug or not? TVDB says there is 13 episodes so does Canada just have more? And is there anyway of knowing what episodes are in the US.

So in order to see what seasons are availble you need to call the TitleCountries endpoint for a show and look at the "seasdet": "3:13,5:13", ?? Just so we’re aware, this means that a whole season is always available in a country because theres no way to know on a per episode level if an episdode is available or not as you cant call the title countries for a episode or season id.

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 4 years ago

The seasons is general endpoint is general… you need to look at the country details for a title to understand the available seasons/episodes

The endpoint seems to return episodes/seasons not yet available in the country? The website seems to be able to tell you how many seasons each country has. Could we get this added to the api as well? Perhaps a country filter to only return episodes available in the country. Thanks.

Regarding episodes. You only need to provide a Netflix id. How does this work regarding different countries? Is it possible for one country to have more episodes than another country? I’m only interested in the US but, is it theoretically possible for some of the episodes returned to not be available?

Rapid account: Js 41637
Js41637 Commented 4 years ago

Thank you!

Rapid account: Unogs
unogs Commented 4 years ago

Yes… we can get that added fairly quickly… stay tuned

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments