100%

Health Check

N/A

Back to All Discussions

Feature Request: Whisper Subtitle Generator

Rapid account: Bayram N
BayramN
a year ago

Hey, do you think you can generator subtitles for videos that don’t have subtitles and store them, so whenever API called and if video doesn’t have subtitles, it will generate using open-source Whisper or if it already has it, respond with.

I am willing to pay extra for that. Just don’t want to get into deploying whisper and then store subtitles, if you can handle these and add this premium feature, that would be game changer.

Rapid account: Vaishnavdeore 76
vaishnavdeore76 Commented 9 months ago

@yashagrawal, but in my usecase if yt subtitle is not availaible then I have to generate it using whisper model, so it would be better if subtitle is unavailaible then it automatically generates the transcript of the video and gives the result @yashagrawal

Rapid account: Bayram N
BayramN Commented a year ago

For some reason I didn’t get notified, do you know how can I fix it? Couldn’t find Notifications settings.

Well as I said is for videos that don’t have auto-generated subtitles. But I am no longer interested and switched entirely for Whisper due to punctuation. If you can build faster Whisper API that can generate punctuated subtitles for 1-2hr videos in 5 mins, I will use it.

Rapid account: Yashagarwal
yashagarwal Commented a year ago

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

How is it different from auto-generated subtitles which are provided by YouTube and can already be accessed via my API?

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments