100%

Health Check

100%

Back to All Discussions

Bosnia cities

Rapid account: Brnnzol
brnnzol
vor 5 Jahren

API is great. However I am making app where I need cities from my country. Bosnia and Herzegovina. As I can see there are many of them missing. Smaller cities are shown but some of bigger doesn’t exist. Is it possible to add more cities?

Thanks

Rapid account: Wirefreethought
wirefreethought Commented vor 5 Jahren

Ok. If you find new issues, please make a fresh post, as I currently don’t get notifications on replies to existing threads.

brnnzol Commented vor 5 Jahren

Cities seems updated. If I found some cities missing in future I will inform you. Thank you very much!

Ok. I will check and give you info. Thank you!

There was a small bug in the import process that had the effect of resetting the population of certain cities to zero, effectively excluding them. The data fix should be reflected in the service by tomorrow. Please check then and let me know. Thanks for the feedback.

My quick look shows that ‘city’ is categorized as a 2nd-level admin division in GeoNames. Still, I do import admin divisions so will have a look to see why it’s not being pulled. Stay tuned.

Here is one example city:
Bijeljina.

I got this list https://www.geonames.org/search.html?q=&country=BA

Is it possible to have cities from here?

It should be emphasized that GeoDB relies on the data from GeoNames.org. If there are missing cities, it is likely they are missing from GeoNames as well. In this case, feel free to add them to GeoNames. GeoDB will pull any such newly added cities as part of its daily refresh.

I did a check of all the major cities listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina#List - They are all present in the service. Can you provide a list of specific cities you’re expecting that are not available?

Hi. I will have a look at the GeoNames data to see any import issues exist for these cities. Sometime in the next week. Stay tuned to this thread.

Join in the discussion - add comment below:

Login / Signup to post new comments