Table of Contents
Best QR Code Generators
Invented by the automotive manufacturing industry as a means of identifying components quickly and safely, QR (quick response) code has evolved to become an essential element that can be used in a vast array of areas. And unlike barcodes that use bars, QR code uses pixels and contains data in two dimensions. Currently, QR codes can be captured in a wide array of devices, including mobile and smartphone apps.
QR Codes can be used to redirect visitors to your vCard, mobile page, website, social pages, Google Map, file download, or even app stores. However, the best thing about them is that they can be generated in-house using QR code generators. But since there are plenty of code generators in the market, finding the best software/tool can be hectic. To help our visitors pick the best, we have scoured through the internet and made a list of the top ten QR code generators.
Owing to its high-end technology and tons of exciting features, Visualead is a step ahead of all its competitors. It boasts state-of-the-art QR Code technology and top-tier expertise in computational math, machine learning, and computer eyesight. With Visualead, you can design creative, branded, and useful QR codes that deliver more scans, leads, mobile-optimized content, and social engagements.
- It allows you to create and publish landing pages in under a minute
- It boasts personal dashboards where you can track the number of scans your code gets, as well as manage your codes.
- Features protection patents and patent applications from all over the world, and thus it can utilize it anywhere.
- Some users complain that the end product is not as pretty as they would like it to be
- You can’t insert a logo in the code using this tool
Backed by several years of experience, QR code is a handy online tool that helps individuals create and save codes instantly. It comes with a free version, but if you want to access additional features, you need to subscribe to the premium version. Its outstanding features include the ability to display PDFs, change code designs, encode multiple URLs in one code, and track scans and display analytics with reports, among others.
- It comes with a free version that can generate various codes including text QR code, vCard and email QR code, among others
- Offers a variety of functions such as encoding price list PDF or displaying Facebook like button on the code
- You can customize the QR codes with shapes, colors or even insert a logo
- The auto-renew of subscription without notice is a nuisance to many users
QR-Code Monkey is one of the most famous QR code generators that are offered for free. Millions of users have created codes using this tool due to its unique features. These include high-res QR code, custom design, and colors, lifetime offer of unlimited scans, powerful design, and many more. It is the best code generator for those who want to create codes with a logo.
- Codes generated using this tool are 100% frees, thus can be used for commercial purposes
- It allows you to create QR codes online with color, images, logo, and vector platforms such as PDF, SVG, and EPS
- Generated codes can be downloaded instantly in various print quality formats
- It comes with several features that can be confusing at times
Unlike other code generators whose primary function is to craft codes, QRStuff acts as both an online QR code creator and a QR code generator. It boasts a steadfast reputation of churning permanent codes that don’t expire and are 100% ads-free. It lets you create smartphone-readable 2D barcodes and QR codes that can be branded on a T-Shirt.
- You don’t need to create an account or sign up to use QRStuff
- Codes are free and can be used for commercial purposes without any restrictions
- It boasts more than a decade of experience
- It is not easy to navigate on the QRStuff’s website
The first thing you’ll note about the Scanova website is its ease of navigation. Additionally, this code generation tool boasts some outstanding features that deliver real benefits. It creates visually appealing codes to attract more scans, gives the location and design type, and also improves lead generation.
- It provides dynamic codes which allow you to edit content anytime
- It also boasts pre-built landing pages that you can utilize for vector export in high-resolution formats for editing and printing.
- The tool allows you to integrate QR code generation with your system or mobile app using an API
- You must create an account to use the software
- It doesn’t create a satisfactory mobile landing page
Another tool that you can use to generate custom QR codes faster is the QRickit. The tool allows you to create codes that you can save on your computer, showcase on your webpages, print, and share with other people. QRickit is offered for free and uses an open technology, and thus can use by anyone for personal or business purposes.
- It allows you to customize your code’s data, footer text, size and colors
- It is quick, easy and comes for free
- The tool permits you to create high-resolution image files for graphic design.
- It features a lot of ads
If you are looking to generate dynamic QR codes, QR Code Zebra is an ideal choice. The tool allows you to change the URL every time, as well as create codes with logos on the fly. It also allows you to churn QR codes that are customized and with different colors.
- Can make some awesome custom designs that can be saved as a template for later use
- You can track data and churn dynamic QR codes for professional use
- You don’t need to sign up to use the software
- Zero warning on auto-renewal and no refunds if you go for the premium version
8. QR Code API
Besides code generators, APIs are also stepping up as critical tools that are being used to create QR codes. If you want to generate and decode QR Codes on a large scale, integrating the QR Code API into your system is a brilliant idea. This API is highly available and scalable, and it runs on the AWS cloud. It allows you to create GR code in batch if you’re planning a conference and want QR Codes on attendees’ name tags.
- You can create, read/scan QR codes online
- It allows customization of the QR code with logo, colors, and images
- QR codes are available in various print file formats such as EPS, vector graphics, and SVG
- Using the API requires advanced technical skills that most people don’t have