View more Real Estate APIs here.
What are Real Estate APIs?
Real estate companies like Zillow, Trulia, RedFin, and other real estate websites, rely on APIs and data feeds to help supplement their real estate listings with relevant property data.
Real estate APIs have different functionalities including:
What is the best real estate & housing API?
After reviewing over 23 real estate & housing APIs, we found these 7 APIs to be the very best and worth mentioning:
- Mashvisor API
- Realty Mole API
- ATTOM Property API
- Estated Data API
- Zillow API
- Walk Score API
- Rent Estimate API
Our Top 7 Best Real Estate APIs for 2021
|Mashvisor||Best for Airbnb & rental properties||Connect to API|
|Realty Mole||Best for overall real estate data||Connect to API|
|ATTOM Property||Best for all-around real estate data||Connect to API|
|Estated Data||Best for property records||Connect to API|
|Zillow||Best for real-time mortgage & home valuation data||Connect to API|
|Walk Score||Best for commute data||Connect to API|
|Rent Estimate||Best for rent data||Connect to API|
Our Top Picks for Best Real Estate APIs
Real Estate APIs are perfect for extracting housing, rental, and mortgage data. Whether you're a developer, product manager, real estate agents, realtors, or assisting real estate professionals, real estate APIs are vital to your success if you're in the industry.
Mashvisor APIs is a real estate analysis API that allows developers to check rental rates for both short-term and long-term rental listings (like Airbnb) and get price estimates. Check Airbnb night rates, occupancy, and much more.
You can use our API to access Mashvisor API endpoints needed by developers to build their applications on top of Mashvisor Inc, which can get real estate information, deep analysis, solid and up to date calculations on various cities, zip codes, and neighborhoods in our database across the United States.
Check out how to use the Airbnb API here (tutorial).
Popularity Score: 5.4/10
2. Realty Mole
The Realty Mole API allows you to search for real estate data like property owner details, property attributes (square footage, # of bedrooms, etc), rental history, zip code data, etc. across millions of properties and rentals.
- Sale Price Estimates
- Sale Listings
- Zip Code Rental Data
- Rent Estimates
- Rental Listings
- Random Addresses
Popularity Score: 9.8/10
3. ATTOM Property
ATTOM Data is an provider that has solutions for real estate and property data.
The ATTOM Property API provides all around property insight into a real estate listing using their property data collected for more than 155 million US properties.
The top API endpoints include:
- Sale History
- Sales Trends
- Mortgage Details
- School Details
- and much more...
Popularity Score: 4.7/10
4. Estated Data
The Estated API provides access to their massive database, which includes 20+ billion data points on properties across the US.
With the API, you can query multiple datasets based on specific parameters. For example, you could ask: "Show me all homes with a pool, with sales and owner records between 1,500 and 3,000 square feet in California," and get a JSON response with relevant real estate data.
The API has a single endpoint that just requires an address to gain insight into property data.
Popularity Score: n/a/10
What is the Zillow API?
Zillow is the largest real estate marketplace in the space and provides millions of for-sale and rental listings across the US.
With the Zillow API, you can get access to all their available public data and show this data in real time.
See below for their available endpoints:
Zillow API Endpoints - How to Use the Zillow API
- getChart - The GetChart API generates a URL for an image file that displays historical Zestimates for a specific property
- getComps - The GetComps API returns a list of comparable recent sales for a specified property.
- getDeepComps - The GetDeepComps API returns a list of comparable recent sales for a specified property.
- getDeepSearchResults - The GetDeepSearchResults API finds a property for a specified address.
- getRegionChildren - For a specified region, the GetRegionChildren API returns a list of subregions with the following information: Subregion Type, Region IDs, Region Names, URL to Corresponding Zillow Page (only for cities and neighborhoods), Latitudes and Longitudes
- getSearchResults - The GetSearchResults API finds a property for a specified address.
- getUpdatedPropertyDetails - For a specified property, the GetUpdatedPropertyDetails API returns all of the home facts that have been edited by the home's owner or agent.
- getZestimate - The GetZestimate API will only surface properties for which a Zestimate exists.
Zillow API Pricing - How Much Does the API Cost?
The API is free to use once you acquire an API key from zillow.com.
How to get a Zillow API Key
- Navigate to Zillow.com and click "Join"
- Register an account with Zillow (it's free)
- Fill out all the required fields (see image below)
- Check your email for the API details
- Head back to the Zillow API page on RapidAPI and enter your API key
Popularity Score: 8.5/10
6. Walk Score
Walk score is a website that provides insight into the "walkability" and commute options from specific properties.
Their API allows developers to access this data and enrich their website or mobile apps with relevant information.
Walk Score API Key
Sign up here for a free API key. The free version allows for 5,000 calls/day, while the premium API offers higher volume usage.
Popularity Score: n/a/10
7. Rent Estimate
The Rent Estimate API is an API that helps you budget and calculate rent for specific properties.
Just input relevant parameters such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, property type, square footage to get an estimate of how much rent a tenant will have to pay for a property.
Popularity Score: 8.6/10
All APIs found on RapidAPI.com can be used in your preferred programming languages:
- Java (Android)
Does RedFin provide an API?
What is the best real estate API?
After reviewing over 25 real estate & housing APIs, we found these 7 APIs to be the very best and worth mentioning:
Does Realtor.com have an API?
Yes, you can access the Realtor API here.
What does API stand for in Real Estate?
API or application programming interface is an IDX technology used to transfer property listing data from an MLS to an agent website. Long used in non-real estate contexts, API has been gaining wider acceptance within the industry since the introduction of the RESO Web API standard in 2016. - Source
Are real estate sales public record?
Sales prices of homes are not public record in many states, though in states like California they are recorded as part of the title transfer with the county assessor. Though it is recorded for the sake of property tax assessments, the sales price might not be public record. - Source
Other Related APIs
Summary: Best Real Estate APIs for Housing Data
|API||Main Functionality||Popularity Score||Latency||Success Rate||Pricing||Available Requests (Free)|
|Mashvisor||Rental Listings||5.4/10||655ms||75%||Free Trial||n/a|
|https://rapidapi.com/realtymole/api/realty-mole-property-api||Overall Real Estate Data||9.8/10||125ms||99%||Freemium||50/month|
|ATTOM Property||All Around Real Estate Data||4.7/10||784ms||33%||Freemium||10/month|
|Estated Data||Property Records||n/a||n/a||n/a||Paid||n/a|
|Zillow||Real Estate & Mortgage||8.5/10||289ms||54%||Free||n/a|
|Walk Score||Commuting Data||n/a||n/a||n/a||Freemium||5000/day|
|Rent Estimate||Rental Data||8.6/10||11396ms||47%||Freemium||50/month|
Complete List of the Best Real Estate APIs
- Rental Listings - Search for real estate data like property owner details, property attributes (square footage, # of bedrooms, etc), rental history, zip code data, etc. across millions of properties and rentals.
- Mashvisor - Mashvisor APIs allows you to see real estate analysis for any area in U.S with rental rates for both long and short term analysis, price estimates, Airbnb night rates and occupancy, and much more.
- Public Record - The API powered by PropMix provides Public Record data of a Property
- Realty Mole Property API - The Realty Mole Property API provides data on real estate properties. The property dataset contains millions of property records and is continuously growing. Use this API to retrieve property details like square footage, year build, bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. This RESTful API supports looking up specific properties or searching for lists of properties based on various criteria.
- ATTOM Property - ATTOM Data Solutions provides premium property data to power products that improve transparency, innovation, efficiency and disruption in a data-driven economy. ATTOM multi-sources property tax, deed, mortgage, foreclosure, environmental risk, natural hazard, neighborhood, and boundary data for more than 155 million U.S. residential and commercial properties covering 99 percent of the nation's population.
- Booking - Booking API helps to query rooms, price, facilities, policities, etc information from many hotels around the world as on official site.
- Commercial Real Estate Insights - Recieve commercial business property information by providing just the name and the address of a business
- Crime Data - Crime data is great for safe neighbourhoods.
- Crowd Valley - The Crowd Valley API is used to build online platforms and marketplaces globally for managing private placements, securities, real estate, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending, and public stock trading.
- Estated Data - Our API connects you with over 20 billion data points for property records across the U.S. instantly to help you grow your business.
- Google Maps Geocoding - Geocoding is the process of converting addresses (like "1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA") into geographic coordinates (like latitude 37.423021 and longitude -122.083739), which you can use to place markers on a map, or position the map.
- lethbridge - lethbridge real estate api that works specifically for licensed real estate agents located geographically in lethbridge alberta canada. those who are not licensed in this trade area will not be able to run this api successfully.
- Mortgage Payments - A simple API to calculate monthly mortgage payments, including principal and interest; taxes; homeowners insurance; and mortgage insurance.
- RedLine Zipcode - The Zip Code API provides the following functions: Distance Between Zip Code API - The API allows you to quickly and easily figure out the distance between zip codes.
- Rent Estimate - The RealtyMole.com Rent Estimate API provides an estimate of the rent for a given property.
- Rocketium - Rocketium's video creation API enables businesses to automate bulk video creation. Devs can use this API to make videos from a series of images, clips, some text, music, and voice-over. Though this API is mostly used by e-commerce and retail businesses, folks from marketing agencies, online news and media houses, real estate, event management, hospitality, FMCG, and travel also benefit by making videos in bulk.
- Taxee - MEET TAXEE Your Friendly Neighborhood Income Tax Data and Calculation API.
- Urban Geo Data - Get the crime rate, noise, air pollution, amenities, accessibility, demographics of residents and prices of real estate in selected GPS location.
- Walk Score - This API returns the Walk Score, Transit Score and Bike Score for any location.
- YelpAPI - Access local businesses data from the Yelp database.
- YourMapper2 - Tap into the millions of points of local, open, civic data nationwide, for you own websites or mobile applications.
- Zillow - Show updated real estate and mortgage content in real time.
- Homes.com API - Listing data and online leads